Can a foreigner marry an American citizen of the same sex

Yes. There is no residency requirement for marriage in the United States. You will have to marry in a state that has legalized same-sex marriage, however. Marrying an American citizen of the same-sex will not help you in getting a US visa, green card or American citizenship, however.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *