Category: Citizenship and Marriage

If a British citizen enters a domestic partnership with an American citizen can he emigrate to the US and become a permanent legal resident of the US

Entering into a domestic partnership with a US citizen does not enable a foreigner to seek legal immigration status in the United States.TheUS government does not recognize domestic partnerships, civil partnerships or civil unions.It only recognizes marriages, whether same-sex or opposite sex.