Category: Divorce

When a couple get divorced and have minor children does the parent living with the children iin the family home have to give the other party half of the equity if they have other equity

That type of issue is decided by a judge if the parties cannot agree on an equitable distribution of their property. The judge will take into consideration all the property owned by the couple, income of the parties, future earning potential, state laws, etc. That type of issue is decided