Child is born in Canada to an American father and Canadian mother Can child have dual citizenship

I am a Canadian born person. My mother is from the US and my father is Canadian. However, my mother became a Canadian citizen months before I was born. I am told that I have citizenship in both countries but I’m not sure what all the rules and regulations involved with that are. If you are in a position where you need to find out for any reason such as moving to another country or such, I advise talking with a lawyer about it because every person’s situation is different and it can affect the laws. My guess is your child already has duel citizenship-you don’t have to apply for it.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *