How do you get your degree in marriage and family counseling

Becoming a Marriage and Family Therapist requires a graduate degree(Master’s Level) or higher. Many universities offer graduateprograms specifically in Marriage and Family Therapy. Once you havecompleted the program, there are often clinical hours that willneed to be completed under supervision in order to become licensedas a Marriage and Family Therapist in your state.
The best place to begin looking is at your state board thatregulates the counseling professions. See what their requirementsare for licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist and then usethis information to begin establishing a plan of action.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *