How long do you have to live with someone to become his common law partner or domestic partner in Washington state

The state of Washington does not permit, nor has it ever permitted,common law marriages, whether same-sex or opposite-sex. Also, theonly way to become domestic partners is to register as such. Youcannot enter into a legally recognized relationship merely byliving together for a number of years.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *