What do you call the person who signs people in at a wedding

The civil official at a wedding (the person legally conducting the ceremony) is the registrar.
If you marry in church in a country which allows the combination of the civil and religious ceremony the priest is also the registrar.

To be legal the marriage register has to be signed and witnessed and a marriage certificate issued. The registrar is responsible for this and for getting the bride, groom and witnesses to sign the register.

The people helping the ceremony proceed (from the two families) are called the Ushers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *